Sunday, September 21, 2008

You can take the description quite literally today.  On Friday I arrived home from work and scared three deer our of the back yard when I pulled in.  Thinking that that is the last of them that i will be seeing this night in particular was my first instinct.
Much to my surprise,  I was wrong.  After dinner i was helping Nana get on the toilet and my Dad came in with those words i won't forget. "You wanna shoot a deer tonight?" So I left her in the bathroom to hang out and much to my surprise there were four deer right up in the back yard mowing down on the grass.  I grabbed the 20 gauge, racked one in and snuck into my spot on the patio. I put the biggest doe on my cross hairs and waited... and waited... (wow how time crawls when your ready to shoot one!) finally she turned broadside and without hesitation, BOOM.  She took off slow and the three ran on behind her.  
I looked at Dad and said, thats how a woman hunts, turned around and finished helping Nana inside.  
For those of you still on the edge of your seat I blew that heart right up and she didn't make it into the woods.  I'm going to have to work on putting a video up so that you can see it!

2 comments:

Russ and Amy said...

how long did you leave poor nana in the bathroom?????????

Brandon and Rachel said...

well... i think i was out there for about a minue twenty total...thats what thye video shows.