Thursday, October 20, 2005

LISTENING TO NIRVANA

Today, I was goofing round with the soccer ball and managed to get it stuck in the bushes. Let me tell you, it wasn't the first time in 2 days I got it stuck in the same place. So I was nervous, it happens. This guy stepped outside and I knew he was watching me, I didn't even have to look at him to know that. It made me first want to leave, then next ask him what kind of a freak he was. But. My shy self decided not to say anything, maybe he would go away! So we accomplished that he made me nervous and that's how I landed the ball in the bushes. Hoping he wouldn't notice I tried to get it out. Then, he came over and offered to help. Then he made a funny.
"You play pro ball?" I thought, 'ha, you must not watch much soccer.' and said no. He replied, "Oh, college ball?" This time I was a little more flattered, and replied... "No, I used to play in high school." The proceeded to tell me how he came to losing his opportunities with football in his future because of decisions he had made. And stupid me, I was thinking ' you idiot, didn't you see it coming' but all I could think of to reply was, "Sucks when stuff like that happens." So I went on to playing and he withdrew to his porch again and I eventually left (taking the long way home of course so he wouldn't know where I lived.
Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to play longer w/o getting freaked out.
Good Night

No comments: