Sunday, October 09, 2005

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE WS ON SNL!

I haven't posted in an entire 8 days! Wow, I'm sure you must feel denied by me. Now I'm back, it's so interesting how whenever people ask what I'm doing it's close to nothing. Every day is different because there is no set schedule and even better, most every day is so laid back. So, I have enjoyed my time here and I am amazed at how fast the days go by even though life isn't as uniform as it was a month and a half ago.
The other funny thing is I feel like I have been out of school for so long, but I remember all my girls there so well and miss them. I am very thrilled to touch base with them when I get home. Almost as thrilled as I am to see my great friends!
It's funny how you plan to get a job, or do this or that, or expect certain things and they turn out being totally different. I always knew never to expect or set myself up for disappointment (which is a whole other topic). Even tho I knew these things, I amazed at how fast time has flown by and this trip is much different than I expected. More in some cases than I expected.
The result of this trip has allowed me time to think and even simply notice things about who I am and what my desires are. Some things I never knew I wanted, other desires have been magnified. And some I just find don't matter and never should or will again.
What will always hold true is that Rhianon and I feel closer than we ever have and I love it. We may still be 7 years apart, but we are closer to the same point in our lives than we ever have been before... So it puts a different perspective on age for sure and almost throws it out the window all together... Until she hits 63 and I'm still 56.
The job I talked about a few weeks ago has remained a blessing and I start on Monday, I'm temporarily moving into a friends house on Sunday and I will be playing mom for a week. It should be fun, and challenging, and hard at times I'm sure, but there is nothing better than being able to hang out with kids, who have fun and are filled with a spirit that many people lose when they gain responsibilities.
until, a sooner than last, next time.
good night

1 comment:

Rhianon and Heath said...

Rach, I love our friendship also! Thank you so much for sharing this part of your life with me here in CA! You have been the BIGGEST blessing, I can't imagine this time without you! In fact, I miss you and our chats this week while you are babysitting.