Friday, September 30, 2005

MT WHITNEY

It's been a week since we set out to climb the great Mt. Whitney and I can tell you, it was amazing. We left very excited to hike and camp and summit and camp and then hike down. But little did we know that the plan would change.

The hike up was so beautiful. Let me tell you, it was not easy. It started out ok and we were pushin along at a great pace. The woods were beautiful and the whether was hot.

It was interesting to see how the altitude effects a hiker. As we hiked higher and higher it began to get very hard to get a deep breath. It was amazing how short of breath you could get. Once we got above the tree line it was amazing. It went from trees to no trees. And seemed to get very steep all at once. It definitely slowed us down a little bit but we continued to press on and eventually made it to camp.

I cannot believe how beautiful it was, I mean every time we stopped the view was amazing.

And I found it funny because I knew the hike up got hard and steep but this really hit me. I could not believe the crazy steps down and realize how steep the hike up was. I definitely got a lot more proud of us!

So, I've made it through all the soreness afterward and have somewhat recovered. But I know if I ever had the chance to do this again I would!

No comments: