Thursday, September 15, 2005

Time here has begun to fly by

It feels like it's been a little while since I've last published anything. I'm not sure if it's because my sister hogs her own computer, which seems to be completely fair. It could also be because there hasn't been much going on in my life, which isn't much to complain about because I feel like the life I designed was so packed with things to do and commitments that I never had a chance to say I didn't have anything to update anyone on.
As for you who know Rhianon, and check out her blog, I'm sure already know that I had the chance to get my scissors into her hair this past week! I've never cut her hair and have definitely never cut off 13 inches of anyone's hair before. It was a nerve racking and very exciting experience. I don't think many hair stylist's would argue for someone to keep their hair longer than they want it. I was defiantly worried about weather she would like it or not, and what she would look like with short hair because I've never seen her with hair this short... (in my 19 years of knowing her).

I feel that this week I have been keeping more busy. It has been fun to hang out with her, we've never been closer in age or interest or whatever you would like to call it. I have more friends her age, and she is not taller than me anymore. So we have been experiencing life without the huge age barrier, without her being the baby-sitter, and without me being the interrogator... Well, I still do that at times! Anyway, we have had a great time together.
On thing I have done, I have quit procrastinating and begun to contact some people about my resume and references that I need for job applications. So if any of my previous bosses stumble across this feel free to be my reference. Just kidding, I haven't really worked in my lifetime, that's a joke too, I just don't think my bosses would get online much.
I have noticed that because I am going on 4 weeks of being uneducated and unemployed I am beginning to feel a lazy. However I have been thinking about how society tells us we need to be working toward success and can't waste any time. I have felt so much pressure to get a job and at least make money if I don't want to work, because ultimately I don't want to work. I feel the need to allow, or at some times force, myself to know what it feels like to slow down and get to know myself. I have had more time to get to know myself lately than I have in a 4 week period of my life
ever
before.

This has some of the most amazing and beautiful colors in it. There are some things that just amaze me and show me how beautiful the face of god is. It's a picture taken in Thailand and made it's way to my photo album.

No comments: